sâmbătă, 4 iulie 2009

Fetish Shoes


Frankly, I never thought I'd start a blog involving shoes and other fashionable things. But seeing I've been developing quite a shoe obsession, I say we kick start this blog.
I'll introduce my biggest shoe obsessions to this point. Most of these shoes I can't get, for the following reasons:
1. I live in a country where shoes, pretty shoes, awesome shoes, deviant shoes, if I may say so, are hard to find. There's no Nordstrom here. Hey, there's no H&M here for that matter.
2. Most of the shoes I want are out of my price range. Way out. That doesn't mean I can't drool over some Ann Demeulemeester lace ups pictures until finally deciding to have a similar pair done at a local shoe maker (not that easy as it sounds, let me assure you).
3. Most of the shoes I want got sold out seasons ago and can be rarely spotted on Ebay, at outrages prices - see point no 2.
That being said, let's get on with the shoes















































First, the crepe Emma Cook boots from the A/W 08-09 collection for TOPSHOP. I will never forgive myself I was in London at the time the collection hit the stores and did not get them. The fact I didn't know they existed is not an excuse. They retailed for about 150 pounds, that's 300$, and at the time I could have spared that kind of money. Stupid me. Now rarely available on Ebay for more than 600$.





































Second, the Balenciaga ankle boot. These were made very populat by Mary Kate Olsen. 1500+ $ price tag means no way in hell. Naturally, there are stories of people finding them (and the elusive tall boot from the same collection) in Hawaii for 90% off. Yeah... not living in Hawaii. Sure, there's always the Sam Edelman version, which is not actually a knock off, as some people might believe, as Balenciaga sold the rights to the shoes, and Edelman made the boots for Victoria's Secret only. The VS version sold for 170$ (sale for 100$!). Naturally, gone in seconds, now available on Ebay for more than 600$. Not gonna happen.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu